The main mission of the CIGB Quality Control Direction is to by carrying out accurate and reliable analytical test evaluate the quality of the CIGB products and to produce accurate and reliable analytical results.
The resource is the Quality Control workers staff, dedicated to fulfill a set of objectives and tasks in order to achieve an effective and efficient Control System, based on the identification and commitment of these personnel. The Quality Control Direction is committed to all its clients (whether internal or external) with respect to efficiency and effectiveness, as a way of continuous improvement of all the processes. A systematic updating is maintained according to the national and international regulations applicable to the biopharmaceutical industry as an imperative necessity in order to achieve the certification of the quality of the CIGB products as well as the satisfaction and trust of customers.
The main activities that are developed in the Quality Control area are:
• To carry out analytical tests to evaluate the quality of the CIGB products and to produce accurate and reliable analytical results.
• To check and implement all the procedures for analytical control sampling, preparation, evaluation, maintenance, storage and custody of reference materials used in the institution.
• To ensure the surveillance of the stability of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (IFA) and Finished Products (PT).
• Assessment of raw materials and intermediate products for their release or rejection.
• Release and preserve the assessment and preservation Primary and Work Cell Banks.